In the meeting with Professor Liang last week, we discuss about the revision of my exam essay and the writing situation of the research paper. After looking classmates’ response to my original exam essay, I found out the disadvantages of the way I write. Except for some grammar problems, I should provide examples to support and strengthen my points of view. Besides, using transition words is also necessary to make the essay more fluency.
According to these suggestions, I revised my essay. I added the source, mentioned about my own experiences of learning English, and condense the six paragraphs into four paragraphs. The Professor said that the main problem of my essay is not the understanding of the sentence, but the coherence of the whole structure. I think maybe I should try to connect each paragraph in a more logical way, instead of just express my own opinions one after another.
When it comes to the research paper, we talked about how to find the more convincible evidences to support my idea. We can take advantage of “Google Scholar” to search academic articles. In addition, using the right and concise keyword is helpful to make you find the resources you want faster. Using some famous journals and academic articles will make your standpoint more forceful, too. I need to try to consider the weak points in the paper and then strengthen them. Professor Liang also said that if I could find out the disadvantages of anti-abortion, and then aimed at those disadvantages to attack and then explain why abortion is women’s basic human right, my essay would be much persuasive. Developing the arguable points and process are very important in the research paper.
In conclusion, writing an essay is mainly emphasizing on our own thoughts. We have to express why and how we think about the issue, and then try to make other people agree with our argument point. Listen to classmates’ suggestions and then revise the article would help us to find out the blind point in our articles.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment