Saturday, November 1, 2008

Reflection <1>

Abortion” is the controversial topic which I chose for my issue paper. So far, we have written the introduction and collected some materials for the issue paper. Several problems revealed in the process when I tried to express my standpoints in the article. After the meeting with professor, I put the problems together, and I also thought of how to make a better arrangement with my points of view.
First of all, I want to add the motivations of writing such issue. That is what motivates me to research the disputable issue, and if there were things which could be connected with the topic in my life. There are many aspects that I have thought of to put in the paper. For example, what are the reasons for women choosing to abort her baby? Does the government have the right to forbid abortion? Whose human rights should we consider about, the mother’s or the baby’s? I must find a specific main argument and convey my own perspectives much clearer. It is the most important part for me to do in the article. Besides, I want to make a comparison with anti-abortion, the opposite idea to my point. I would list the advantages and disadvantages of them, and try to convince people to stand by my side.
As to the supporting materials, I have found several news reports and videos from youtube. These materials include two opposite views toward abortion. It is hard to find the academic articles which correspond to my points. To solve the problem, using the specific and clear keywords when I search the database is significant. I have to get the sources with the better quality to support my standpoints. With these supporting materials, my article would become more convincible.
So far, building a concrete direction about my issue is the toughest mission for me. Because there are so many aspects can be talked about, I am not quite sure which one I should choose. I want to stand by women’s side, and controvert to those who thinks that abortion is equal to murder. To make the article more convincible, I still have to find out the supporting materials, the main writing direction toward my topic, and my own conclusion to the issue.

2 comments:

Claire said...

If we argue the right between women and badies. Maybe it could help both more certain and supportive.

M.Y. said...

I am glad that the conference helped you think about how to develop your ideas around the topic. Did you find the keywords and journal articles?